Top 8 Proven Health Benefits Of Akhrot (Walnut)
Nuts are one of the few delicacies that is everyone’s favourite. Being nutrient dense and packed with healthy nourishment in snackable form! What is there not to like? The only problem, we can’t seem to get enough of them. So overeating on nuts and dry fruits is one of the common issues that everyone faces.
Even among nuts, one particularly stands apart. As in it’s hard to find someone who doesnt like them. Yes, we are talking about Walnut (or Akhrot). They are a fun and a delicious way to add some extra flavour, crunch to a meal or a snack. They come from an ornamental tree which is already highly admired for its regal beauty. Even the way way walnut looks resembles an abstract art of brain. This resemblance has long established by traditions saying that walnuts are good for brain health. Wrapped in a protective shell layer, walnuts sits inside for a long time.
Walnuts are a great source of protein, dietary fibre, Vitamin B & E, magnesium and antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and healthy fats. We at Occasions have always strived to promote a healthy living, and now present to you 8 reasons to add walnuts to your diet:
Also check: Buy Akhrot (Walnut) Online
- Protein source for Vegetarian: A handfist of walnut can give you 4 grams of protein, a very quick and easy source to diversify your diet.
- Good Heart health: They help in increasing the good cholestrol or HDL which in turn removes bad fats from blood leading to a better heart health. The high Omega 3 present in walnuts also help in the same.
- Healthy Bones: The manganese in walnut help in maintaining healthy bone structure by increasing enzymes that aid in the same.
- Controls Blood Pressure: Arginine, an essential amino acid is present in Walnuts which keeps the blood flow smooth hence leading to lowering blood pressure.
- Antioxidants: Walnuts helps in slowing down any inflammation due to the presence of antioxidants present in them.
- Brain health: The walnut and brain relation has been retaliated again and again and now we have a proof. The omega 3 present in walnut helps in improving brain health and thinking power in children and adults alike. They do this by decreasing oxidates and inflammatory load on brain.
- Better sleep: They also aid in better sleep by increasing the blood level of Melatonin.
- Diabetic friendly: The GI of walnuts is low so they dont spike the glucose level at absorption making them a healthy alternate of diabetic people.